I watched the movie The Sandlot the other day. One of my favorite scenes is the s'more scene.
It seems like every time I make a s'more, someone quotes this movie. This scene inspired this weeks Tasty Tuesday. It has been too cold to be outside much lately, so we made Indoor S'mores.
3/4 cup light corn syrup
3 tbs. margarine or butter
1 package milk chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
9 cups Golden Grahams cereal
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Grease a 9" X 13" X 2" pan
2. Heat the corn syrup, butter and chocolate until boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
3. Pour over cereal and 3 cups of marshmallows in a large bowl. Toss until coated. Press in pan with the back of a spoon or spatula (I would spray with nonstick spray)
4. Sprinkle marshmallows on the top and occasionally press some into the mixture.
5. Let stand for 1 hour
6. cut into squares and enjoy.
* Store loosely covered at room temp. We suggest covering them with wax paper. They are good for about two days after, so eat em quick. We never have a problem with that however. :)